Translation of percentage in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable [Mathematics/Matemáticas] porcentaje (masculine) translate the results into percentages indique el resultado en forma de porcentajes to play the percentages [colloquial/familiar] sopesar las posibilidades (before noun/delante del nombre) percentage error porcentaje (masculine) de error percentage increase/point aumento (masculine)/punto (masculine) porcentualExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (part) porcentaje (masculine) she gets a percentage of the profits recibe un tanto por ciento or un porcentaje de los beneficios a high percentage of the population un alto porcentaje de la población 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (advantage) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] what percentage is there in it for me? ¿qué gano or saco yo con ello? there must be some percentage in it for him él debe de sacar tajada [colloquial/familiar] 1.4 countable/numerable (average) (American English/inglés norteamericano) promedio (masculine)
- It would also help children with blood diseases such as leukaemia, and would hopefully increase the survival percentage rate.
- The rate reverts to an annualised percentage rate of 16.9 per cent after six months.
- He expects the bank to lower its main rate by half a percentage point to 2 percent next month.
- There is a big corporate market for the championships, but their percentage of the whole audience is quite tiny.
- I bet if a referendum were called for, the percentage of the whole population would be nearly the same as that in the survey.
- There may be a small percentage that comes back, but a station does not usually get back the whole percentage that was lost.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an