Translation of percentage in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (Mathematics) translate the results into percentagesindique el resultado en forma de porcentajesto play the percentages [colloquial]sopesar las posibilidades(before noun) percentage errorporcentaje (masculine) de errorpercentage increase/pointaumento (masculine) /punto (masculine) porcentualExample sentences1.2 countable (part) she gets a percentage of the profits
recibe un tanto por ciento or un porcentaje de los beneficiosa high percentage of the populationun alto porcentaje de la poblaciónExample sentences1.3 uncountable (advantage) (American English) [colloquial]what percentage is there in it for me?
- It would also help children with blood diseases such as leukaemia, and would hopefully increase the survival percentage rate.
- The rate reverts to an annualised percentage rate of 16.9 per cent after six months.
- He expects the bank to lower its main rate by half a percentage point to 2 percent next month.
¿qué gano or saco yo con ello?there must be some percentage in it for himél debe de sacar tajada [colloquial]1.4 countable (average)(American English)
- There is a big corporate market for the championships, but their percentage of the whole audience is quite tiny.
- I bet if a referendum were called for, the percentage of the whole population would be nearly the same as that in the survey.
- There may be a small percentage that comes back, but a station does not usually get back the whole percentage that was lost.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.