Translation of periodic in Spanish:
- 1 [meetings/outbreaks] periódicoExample sentences
- Despite this, he has continued to appear regularly at our periodic family gatherings, and is considered a family member in good standing.
- Each recommended practice is reviewed and revised as appropriate at regular periodic intervals.
- At periodic intervals, the iron bars at the mouth of narrow roads, put up to prevent the entry of heavy vehicles, are knocked down by lorries, due to reckless driving.
- 2 [Chemistry/Química] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] periódicoExample sentences
- The steadily increasing weights gave Mendeleyev, Meyer, and others a kind of index by which to order the elements and reveal their periodic behaviour.
- The study of oscillating reactions is the study of periodic changes in chemical reactions.
- The first rough draft of the periodic elements signaled not the end but the beginning of chemistry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.