Translation of persist in Spanish:
- 1 (person) (continue doggedly)to persist
insomething/ -ingthey persisted in the belief o in believing that …persistieron en la creencia de que …the reporter persisted in asking awkward questionsel reportero insistió en hacer preguntas embarazosashe will persist in calling me 'darling'insiste or se empeña en llamarme 'cariño'Example sentences
- He retreated to the ground and did not continue to persist in creating hostile assaults.
- The main effort should focus on finding a solution to the conflict, rather than persisting with the current situation of conflict management.
- But the BCC and the police are firm about persisting with the system.
- 2(belief/rumor/doubts)if the pain persists, see your doctor
persistirsi persiste el dolor, consulte a su médicoif the rain persists …si continúa or sigue lloviendo …Example sentences
- After the operation his symptoms persisted and got worse, leaving him in such pain that he had to be prescribed morphine.
- O'Connor said the symptoms usually persist for a few days and then ease up.
- It says on the packet to consult your doctor if symptoms persist for more than seven days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.