Translation of persistent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (unceasing) [demands/warnings] continuo, constante, repetido; [cough/virus/fog] persistente; [rain] continua, persistenteExample sentences1.2 (undaunted) [salesman/suitor] insistente, persistente he's very persistent es muy persistente persistent offender reincidente (masculine and feminine)
- In terms of pain, however, ‘chronic’ denotes persistent pain over a period of at least three months.
- The National Center for Health Statistics estimates that 32.8 percent of the U.S. general population has persistent or chronic pain symptoms.
- It is defined as persistent or recurrent abdominal pain or abdominal discomfort centered in the upper abdomen.
- That did not go down well with the young woman and in spite of her persistent protests, her moaning and screaming, she was released only after the feasters had their fill.
- It seems unlikely that the York review will silence the long, persistent and mounting opposition to fluoridation.
- My persistent opposition has become a thorn in the side of the trade union leaders, because it has exposed their shameless collaboration with management.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.