Translation of person in Spanish:
noun plural people
- 1 he's/she's a charming persones una persona encantadorashe's a mean persones una tacañaSue's the person to aska quien hay que preguntarle es a Suewho is this Davies person?¿quién es el tal Davies?per person help arrived in the person of his fathersu padre llegó en el momento más oportunosee also→ people 1 1 2
- 2plural persons2.1 (individual) [formal] person or persons unknown (Law)persona o personas no identificadasjuristic or artificial person (Law) the three persons of the Holy Trinitylas tres personas de la Santísima TrinidadExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (body) to have a weapon on or about one's person (British) [formal]
- For many societies, the human being is the person who has learned and obeys the community's rules.
- It is trying to be all things to all sorts of rich people but is this a recipe for confusion?
- Ian can eat enough food for four of five people, but he uses all that energy up on stage.
ser portador de armaoffenses against the persondelitos (masculine plural) contra la personain person
- Have a pen available on your person, and if paper is not available, write it on your hand.
- Within a day or so you forget that you ever had anything so horrific occurring on your person.
- He does not want to publicise the fact that he carries large quantities of cash on his person in case he becomes a target for thieves.
- 3 (Linguistics)plural personssecond person pluralsegunda persona del pluralin the first personen primera personaExample sentences
- When civilians addressed a soldier, they did so in the second person singular, as to a child or pet.
- For a start there was a large number of interjections in the second person, which I presume related to me.
- There were some interjections in the second person that were not very savoury.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.