Translation of phalanx in Spanish:
noun plural phalanxes
- 1 (History, Military)Example sentences
- An hour earlier, phalanxes of police officers had closed in on peaceful sidewalk protestors, forcing them into the street and herding them helplessly away.
- We make our way slowly out of the field and along the side of a small country road, passing a phalanx of police officers dressed in riot gear.
- He was moved through the media scrum surrounded by a phalanx of Dallas police officers.
- The Romans entered Macedonia, and the Macedonian phalanx fought its last battle on unfavourable ground at Pydna, on the morrow of the lunar eclipse in June 168.
- The Macedonian phalanx was Philip's creation, extended by Alexander.
- Sixteen thousand of them he organized into a massive phalanx, even dressing them in Macedonian style.
- 2plural -angesPronunciation: /-ændʒiːz/(Anatomy)Example sentences
- A calcined distal first phalanx was recovered from Unit B, Level 2, while Unit E, Level 4 contained a calcined distal third phalanx.
- Two specimens, a distal two-thirds of a central metapodial and a complete proximal phalanx, are those of a large felid.
- Extensor pollicis brevis arises from the radius distal to abductor pollicis longus and inserts onto the base of the proximal phalanx of the thumb.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.