- 1 1.1 (stage) fase (f), etapa (f); (of an illness) fase (f); (of insect development) fase (f) the phases of the moon las fases de la luna it's just a phase you're going through ya se te pasaráMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (state) fase (feminine)
- The country hopes to pass the next key threshold of 25 chapters and reach the final phase of the negotiation process, he said after the meeting.
- The final phase of the planning process is orders production, which centers on developing the CHS casualty treatment and evacuation plan.
- Although agriculture is still caught in the grips of industrialization, corporatization is the final phase of the industrial process.
- Floods cue fish to spawn, for instance, and trigger certain insects to begin a new phase in their life cycles.
- Volvox carteri, like all related green flagellates, is haploid in all active phases of the life cycle, which greatly facilitates isolation of mutants.
- Spined soldier bug adults are strong fliers and, during responsive phases of their life cycle, will fly toward the pheromone from considerable distances.
- 1.1 (do in stages) [construction/development] escalonar, realizar* por etapas 1.2 (coordinate) sincronizar*More example sentences1.3
(phased past participle of/participio pasado de)[withdrawal/increase] progresivo, gradual; [traffic signals] sincronizadoMore example sentences
- She however, said the introduction of unleaded fuel would be gradual as it would be phased in slowly beginning this month.
- He added that any introduction of defibrillators would be phased in, but the aim was for there to be one machine on every engine.
- The company says changes will be phased in gradually, with half the project completed by the end of this year and fully realised by 2005.
More example sentences
- He believes phasing the withdrawal has its benefits.
- The development at Newhall Park Road became fully operational in October last year after a three-week move phasing departments from the old site next door to the new building.
- Councillors suggested possible solutions of phasing the scheme; considering other schemes; and seeking funding from partners.
- In order to properly phase the two telescopes, adaptive optics on both telescopes removed the distortion caused by the Earth's atmosphere.
phase downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento
phase inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento
phase outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento