Translation of phase in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (stage) fase (feminine), etapa (feminine); (of an illness) fase (feminine); (of insect development) fase (feminine) the phases of the moon las fases de la luna it's just a phase you're going through ya se te pasaráExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (state) fase (feminine)
- The country hopes to pass the next key threshold of 25 chapters and reach the final phase of the negotiation process, he said after the meeting.
- The final phase of the planning process is orders production, which centers on developing the CHS casualty treatment and evacuation plan.
- Although agriculture is still caught in the grips of industrialization, corporatization is the final phase of the industrial process.
- Floods cue fish to spawn, for instance, and trigger certain insects to begin a new phase in their life cycles.
- Volvox carteri, like all related green flagellates, is haploid in all active phases of the life cycle, which greatly facilitates isolation of mutants.
- Spined soldier bug adults are strong fliers and, during responsive phases of their life cycle, will fly toward the pheromone from considerable distances.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
phase downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento (reduce) [production] reducir* paulatinamente; [spending] reducir* or recortar or disminuir* paulatinamente
phase inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [changes/new system] introducir* paulatinamente
phase outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [service] retirar paulatinamente; [old model] dejar de producir the old coins will be phased out over six months las monedas viejas se irán retirando de la circulación a lo largo de un período de seis meses
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.