noun/nombre (plural pike)
- [Zoology/Zoología] lucio (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Being the main apex predator found in freshwaters, pike are not as common as other fish.
- There are herring and cod in the outer archipelago, but within casting range of land the fish are mostly fresh-water - perch, bream, pike, and zander.
- Paul contacted the Environment Agency and Yorkshire Water, which are now investigating the cause of the deaths of a number of fish including pike, eels and roach.
- The long-nosed garpike is common everywhere in shallow water.
- The department may designate certain waters in which a rubber or spring propelled spear may be used for the taking of carp, dogfish, garpike, and suckers.
- It can save you lots of time reeling in grass pike, and a pocket full of money on lost baits, if you invest in a couple weed less baits for your tackle box.