Translation of pill in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (tablet) pastilla (feminine), píldora (feminine) a bitter pill to swallow un trago amargo to sugar o sweeten the pill dorar la píldoraExample sentences1.2 (contraceptive) the Pill la píldora (anticonceptiva) to be/go on the Pill tomar/empezar* a tomar la píldora
- He was a very bright, socially sensitive, and insightful young man whose complaint was that he could not swallow pills or capsules.
- Laxatives come as syrups, powders, and also as pills, which are swallowed or put inside the anus.
- Your doctor may also ask you if you take any medicines such as birth control pills, laxatives or diet pills.
- 2 (boring, ineffectual person) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], [dated/anticuado], pelmazo (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], pesado, (masculine, feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to