- 1 1.1 (tablet) pastilla (f), píldora (f) a bitter pill to swallow un trago amargo to sugar o sweeten the pill dorar la píldoraMore example sentences1.2 (contraceptive) the Pill la píldora (anticonceptiva) to be/go on the Pill tomar/empezar* a tomar la píldora
- He was a very bright, socially sensitive, and insightful young man whose complaint was that he could not swallow pills or capsules.
- Laxatives come as syrups, powders, and also as pills, which are swallowed or put inside the anus.
- Your doctor may also ask you if you take any medicines such as birth control pills, laxatives or diet pills.
- 2 (boring, ineffectual person) (AmE) [colloq & dated], pelmazo (m) [familiar/colloquial], pesado, -da (m,f)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...