Translation of pillar in Spanish:
- 1.1 (column) a pillar of smokea pillar of salt (Bible)una columna de humofrom pillar to postuna estatua de salde la ceca a la MecaExample sentences1.2 (exemplary member) he is a pillar of the community
es uno de los pilares or baluartes comunidadExample sentences
- Every bungalow is supported on stone pillars, which permits us to maintain the natural terrain and vegetation.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.
- They carve memorial pillars in wood and stone for their dead.
- The US considers it essential to maintain Morocco as a pillar of support in the Arab world.
- She learned Arabic and became a pillar of support in local communities, often helping the needy in the face of opposition during the dictator's regime.
- All those detained in the sweep were members of a family described as a pillar of support for the ousted regime, said the US Lieutenant Colonel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.