- 1.1 (column) pilar (m), columna (f) a pillar of smoke una columna de humo a pillar of salt [Bible/Biblia] una estatua de sal from pillar to post de la ceca a la MecaMore example sentences1.2 (exemplary member) pilar (m), baluarte (m) he is a pillar of the community es uno de los pilares or baluartes comunidad
More example sentences
- Every bungalow is supported on stone pillars, which permits us to maintain the natural terrain and vegetation.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.
- They carve memorial pillars in wood and stone for their dead.
- The US considers it essential to maintain Morocco as a pillar of support in the Arab world.
- She learned Arabic and became a pillar of support in local communities, often helping the needy in the face of opposition during the dictator's regime.
- All those detained in the sweep were members of a family described as a pillar of support for the ousted regime, said the US Lieutenant Colonel.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...