- 1.1 (column) pilar (masculine), columna (feminine) a pillar of smoke una columna de humo a pillar of salt [Bible] una estatua de sal from pillar to post de la ceca a la MecaMore example sentences1.2 (exemplary member) pilar (masculine), baluarte (masculine) he is a pillar of the community es uno de los pilares or baluartes comunidad
More example sentences
- Every bungalow is supported on stone pillars, which permits us to maintain the natural terrain and vegetation.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.
- They carve memorial pillars in wood and stone for their dead.
- The US considers it essential to maintain Morocco as a pillar of support in the Arab world.
- She learned Arabic and became a pillar of support in local communities, often helping the needy in the face of opposition during the dictator's regime.
- All those detained in the sweep were members of a family described as a pillar of support for the ousted regime, said the US Lieutenant Colonel.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.