Translation of pillar in Spanish:
- 1 (column) a pillar of smokeuna columna de humoa pillar of salt (Bible)una estatua de salfrom pillar to postde la ceca a la MecaExample sentences
- Every bungalow is supported on stone pillars, which permits us to maintain the natural terrain and vegetation.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.
- They carve memorial pillars in wood and stone for their dead.
- 2 (exemplary member) he is a pillar of the communityes uno de los pilares or baluartes comunidadExample sentences
- The US considers it essential to maintain Morocco as a pillar of support in the Arab world.
- She learned Arabic and became a pillar of support in local communities, often helping the needy in the face of opposition during the dictator's regime.
- All those detained in the sweep were members of a family described as a pillar of support for the ousted regime, said the US Lieutenant Colonel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.