Translation of placing in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (position)(British English)
puesto (masculine)Example sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (Finance)
- I found the choice of finalists and the final placings surprising personally, but there were compensations.
- The next £2.25m is dependent on final league placings and the remaining half of the amount is hitched to number of TV appearances.
- The men's team finished in a lowly ninth position - their worst placing for 36 years - after losing four of their six games in Athens.
- It has been muddling through with sub- £1m share placings and the sale of warrants, but a bigger placing is now being mooted.
- Moreover much of the cost of acquiring Northern Bank - if it becomes available - can be met from surplus capital and will probably require only a modest placing of shares.
- On December 23, 1983, the company authorised a placing of 2.5 million shares at £6.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.