- 1.1 c (position) (BrE) puesto (m)More example sentences1.2 c u [Fin] colocación (f)
More example sentences
- I found the choice of finalists and the final placings surprising personally, but there were compensations.
- The next £2.25m is dependent on final league placings and the remaining half of the amount is hitched to number of TV appearances.
- The men's team finished in a lowly ninth position - their worst placing for 36 years - after losing four of their six games in Athens.
- It has been muddling through with sub- £1m share placings and the sale of warrants, but a bigger placing is now being mooted.
- Moreover much of the cost of acquiring Northern Bank - if it becomes available - can be met from surplus capital and will probably require only a modest placing of shares.
- On December 23, 1983, the company authorised a placing of 2.5 million shares at £6.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.