Translation of placing in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (position) (British English/inglés británico) puesto (masculine)Example sentences1.2 c and u [Finance] colocación (feminine)
- I found the choice of finalists and the final placings surprising personally, but there were compensations.
- The next £2.25m is dependent on final league placings and the remaining half of the amount is hitched to number of TV appearances.
- The men's team finished in a lowly ninth position - their worst placing for 36 years - after losing four of their six games in Athens.
- It has been muddling through with sub- £1m share placings and the sale of warrants, but a bigger placing is now being mooted.
- Moreover much of the cost of acquiring Northern Bank - if it becomes available - can be met from surplus capital and will probably require only a modest placing of shares.
- On December 23, 1983, the company authorised a placing of 2.5 million shares at £6.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas