Translation of plaid in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (pattern) cuadros (masculine plural) escoceses; (material) tela (feminine) escocesa; (before noun/delante del nombre) [skirt/trousers/scarf] escocésExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (garment)[ banda que se lleva sobre el hombro en el traje escocés tradicional ]
- Highlights of its mix-and-match range include knitwear in cable, Fair Isle and jersey, leather pieces in oak and black, and fabrics such as wool plaid, bouclé and herringbone.
- Men's classic suiting is coming out in patterns such as houndstooth, herringbone, glen plaid, tartan, pinstripes and Donegal tweed.
- The familiar wool plaid jackets kept these men warm in early morning before the rays of the sun penetrated the canopy to reach the forest floor.
- Hard to miss, especially as they turned out in full dress uniform with plaids and feather bonnets on what turned out to be a warm day.
- The plaid is a length of tartan cloth draped over the shoulder and does not properly refer to the pattern, which is the tartan.
- His genre paintings, after he came to London, are not strongly Scottish in their detail (as a Lowlander he was unhappy that the kilt and plaid were being treated as national costume).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to