Translation of plank in Spanish:
- 1 (board) tabla (feminine), tablón (masculine) to walk the plank pasear la tabla to be as thick as two short planks (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] no tener* dos dedos de frente [colloquial/familiar], ser* más bruto que un arado [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- As you lay the planks, use a hammer or mallet and a scrap piece of flooring to force the planks tightly together and assure a snug fit.
- Most of the floors are custom-stained Black American walnut 1/2 inch by six-inch planks from Heartland Flooring.
- Use plywood walk boards or wooden planks over the ceiling joists for support.
- 2 (of policy) puntal (masculine)Example sentences
- The SEP's policy to end the war is grounded on the fundamental planks of socialist internationalism.
- He has been crucial to cementing a close alliance with Washington, which has become the central plank of the political and economic strategy of the most powerful sections of the corporate elite.
- In the immediate postwar years he, then Labour foreign minister, was a key figure in the creation of Nato, the central plank of US military strategy during the Cold War.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.