Translation of plank in Spanish:
- 1 (board) to walk the plank to be as thick as two short planks (British) [colloquial]no tener dos dedos de frente [colloquial]ser más bruto que un arado [colloquial]Example sentences
- As you lay the planks, use a hammer or mallet and a scrap piece of flooring to force the planks tightly together and assure a snug fit.
- Most of the floors are custom-stained Black American walnut 1/2 inch by six-inch planks from Heartland Flooring.
- Use plywood walk boards or wooden planks over the ceiling joists for support.
- 2 (of policy)Example sentences
- The SEP's policy to end the war is grounded on the fundamental planks of socialist internationalism.
- He has been crucial to cementing a close alliance with Washington, which has become the central plank of the political and economic strategy of the most powerful sections of the corporate elite.
- In the immediate postwar years he, then Labour foreign minister, was a key figure in the creation of Nato, the central plank of US military strategy during the Cold War.
- (US) [colloquial]plantificar [colloquial]she planked herself down on the sofase desplomó en el sofáExample sentences
- Old, but not self consciously so, the Horseshoe Bar has a well-worn wooden counter for planking those weary elbows.
- He planked a solid header behind him, but it was just a shade offside and the referee was quick with the decision.
- In 37 minutes, his astute pass left him with just the keeper to beat but the striker contrived to plank his shot against the advancing keeper's legs.
- Tonight, the mystery was solved; it turned out that she had planked it in one of our cupboards with all the other stuff we smuggled (unwrapped) into the house past the kids.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.