Translation of plaque in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (tablet) placa (feminine) commemorative plaque placa (feminine) conmemorativaExample sentences
- The kick off is at 2pm where a plaque to commemorate the event will be unveiled.
- Commemorative wall plaques and mugs in celebration of 150 years of St. Conleth's Church are available in the Parish Office.
- The Cincfleet Admiral took the salute and unveiled a plaque to commemorate the event.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Dentistry/Odontología] sarro (masculine), placa (feminine) (dental)Example sentences
- Pericoronitis - an infection of the soft tissue surrounding the tooth, caused by a build of plaque (a sticky white substance that contains bacteria).
- Salivary bicarbonate can help protect teeth against attack from acids produced by bacteria in dental plaque.
- Tooth decay is caused by the bacteria in dental plaque breaking down sugar in the foods and drinks that you eat and drink.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.