Translation of plausible in Spanish:
- 1.1 [argument/story/excuse] verosímil it's perfectly plausible that … es perfectamente posible que …, cabe muy bien dentro de lo posible que …Example sentences1.2 [liar/salesman] convincente
- The chain comes to an end where neither your plausible responses nor mine change as the reasoning continues.
- There is no plausible reason and explanation why the amount should be increased.
- If they are representative, the only plausible answer is to consider their supposed ideology.
- Of course, he's horribly plausible and a formidable election campaigner.
- The Liberal Democrats might wake up, go out and at last find a plausible candidate for prime minister.
- They had only got seconds to make up their mind because he was so plausible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.