n[colloq & pej]
- 1 (BrE) ordinario, -ria (m,f), naco, -ca (m,f) (Méx) [fam & pey], mersa (mf) (RPl) [fam & pey], roto, -ta (m,f) (Chi) [fam & pey]More example sentences
- It was with a certain degree of self-confessed smugness that I looked out as the blustery wind swept around headquarters and the ordinary plebs tried to wrap up against the elements.
- Tressell wrote his book for the coffee tables of the dissenting middle classes rather than for plebs like Towers and me.
- The truly posh very rarely have much to do with this, so it tends to be the upper middle class vs the utter plebs.
- 2the plebs la chusma [fam & pey], la plebe [humorístico/humorous]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.