Translation of pleb in Spanish:
- 1 (British English/inglés británico) ordinario, (masculine, feminine), naco, (masculine, feminine) (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo], mersa (masculine and feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo], roto, (masculine, feminine) (Chile) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]Example sentences
- It was with a certain degree of self-confessed smugness that I looked out as the blustery wind swept around headquarters and the ordinary plebs tried to wrap up against the elements.
- Tressell wrote his book for the coffee tables of the dissenting middle classes rather than for plebs like Towers and me.
- The truly posh very rarely have much to do with this, so it tends to be the upper middle class vs the utter plebs.
- 2the plebs la chusma [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo], la plebe [humorous/humorístico]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.