Translation of plenty in Spanish:
- in plentyen abundanciaExample sentences
- On Christmas Day, at least, we hope to bring plenty and warmth to all such cases.
- Those of vague faith hold a perfectly reasonable and defensible position in a world of plenty.
- That way he has plenty to feed himself, as well as some of his garden's pests.
- 1 1.1 (large, sufficient number)muchos, (-chas)he's the best actor I've seen and I've seen plentyes el mejor actor que he visto y he visto a muchosthere are plenty more in hereaquí hay muchos/muchas más1.2plenty ofmuchos, (-chas)I wasn't bored, I had plenty of booksno me aburrí, tenía muchos libroswe may not be much good, but there are plenty of usno seremos demasiado buenos, pero somos muchosExample sentences
- It could mean that she has no secrets or that she has plenty but has no room to tell us what they are.
- So Boris achieved his end, drank plenty, signed books and made some more money.
- For a fourteen year old that is downright insulting and even an eight year old may have plenty to say on his or her own account.
- 2 2.1 (large, sufficient quantity)mucho, (-cha)there was plenty to eathabía comida en abundanciathere's plenty more in here
había mucha comidaaquí hay mucho más$50 is plenty50 dólares es más que suficiente2.2plenty ofmucho, (-cha)we've got plenty of timetenemos tiempo de sobrahe's done plenty of studying for the examha estudiado mucho para el examenthe food wasn't very good, but there was plenty of itla comida no era muy buena, pero había muchayou need rest and plenty of itnecesitas descansar, y mucho
- (American English) [colloquial] [dialect]she must love him plenty
muydebe quererlo muchoit's plenty good enough for meestá perfectamente bien para míExample sentences
- For that reason, many less discriminating viewers will be plenty happy with this movie.
- You didn't stick to your strategy, and it may have cost you plenty in the long run.
- Seeing animals reproducing in the wild would be plenty magical enough for me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.