Translation of plod in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-dd-)
- 1.1 (walk) caminar lenta y pesadamente dog-tired, he plodded up the steps rendido de cansancio, subió pesadamente la escalera the film plods along la película se hace lentísimaExample sentences1.2 (work) she's still plodding away at her thesis sigue lidiando or batallando con la tesis how's work going? — oh, plodding along ¿qué tal el trabajo? — ahí va, tirando or (Latin America except Southern Cone/América Latina excepto Cono Sur) jalando
- I heard their heavy boots slowly plodding across the hardwood floors to the back stairs that led to his room.
- I slowly plodded down the steps of bus.
- She walked all day, plodding down deserted alleyways and running across busy intersections.
- (no plural/sin plural) caminata (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the