- (Cookery)(egg)(fish)poached eggcocer a fuego lentohuevo (masculine) escalfado or (River Plate area) pochéExample sentences
- Salt in the water when poaching eggs will set the white quickly.
- To poach the eggs, pour 3.5cm of boiling water into a clean frying pan or saucepan and place it over a low heat - the water should show a few bubbles on the base of the pan, but no more.
- In the breakfast room, over poached eggs, she talks wittily and uninhibitedly.
- The food to be poached must be fully immersed in the liquid and not allowed to boil otherwise it can toughen the most delicate protein.
- The menu covers all eventualities, from salads and burgers to open sandwiches, steaks and chicken, as well as grilled and poached salmon.
- Which brings me rather neatly to my main course - advertised as poached fillet of salmon with dill and Muscadet, it sounded like a perfect light evening meal.
- (steal)(game)cazar furtivamente(personnel/ideas)Example sentences
- She sets traps to try and poach fish from the local pond and checks them daily.
- Baited explosives are used to hunt pigs while dynamiting is the most popular method employed to poach fish.
- I think we have to differentiate here between those deer that have been legally shot at and those that have been illegally poached and there is a distinct difference.
- Businesses will even more ruthlessly poach skilled workers off each other.
- ‘It is a fact that we have people in other firms trying to poach my staff telling them not to trust the big employer,’ he said.
- Last year, the company was forced to award a 17 percent pay increase to its drivers, in an effort to stop them being poached by other train operators.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to