Translation of pocketbook in Spanish:
- 1 (handbag)(American English)
cartera (feminine) or (Spain) bolso (masculine) or (Mexico) bolsa (feminine)Example sentences
- I took my change purse out of my pocketbook and scowled.
- They were similar pocketbooks or purses, but they had a belt on it that you could put around your waist with the fasteners similar to the ones on a bicycle helmet.
- His hands were rifling through her pocketbook and wallet.
- 2 (wallet)(American English)to vote one's pocketbook
billetera (feminine)votar con el bolsillo
- 3 (paperback)(American English)
libro (masculine) en rústicaExample sentences
- I put my books and pocket book into my small gym locker and kept my light spring jacket to watch the practice.
- No one bothered to refer to the significantly expanded, easily accessible pocket book edition.
- She disappeared into the hallway to the bedroom for a few seconds and when she returned she was holding a small black pocket book in one hand and the black baseball cap from the day before in the other.
- 4 (notebook)Example sentences
- What he had not anticipated when he chose the slightly inebriated, seriously overweight woman attempting to hail a cab, was how attached she would be to her pocketbook.
- It is a pocketbook which fits the hand perfectly.
- She had come for a pocketbook and a pocketbook only.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.