- 1.1 (platform) estrado (masculine), podio (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (for column) podio (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 (lectern) (American English/inglés norteamericano) atril (masculine)
- A seemingly proud Hilary Modeste stood at the podium to deliver his speech for the evening.
- One needs only to imagine the American professor standing at the podium before a Muslim audience.
- Change does not come from above: it's not the result of speeches from podiums - it's the outcome of the way people conduct their lives.
More example sentences
- With the exception of the lowest level - where the concrete forms a stepped podium for the building - it is clad with metal and glass.
- In the foreground there were screens of columns standing on a projecting podium and supporting an entablature.
- We ended up building on a podium on the west side.
- There was a desk, some chairs, a podium, and a screen on the back wall.
- Stepping aside to allow the president through, Cindy Collins took her seat in a folding chair behind the podium.
- The hostess nodded and motioned for them to follow her, moving from the podium, past two tables of diners and to a small two person table.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.