Translation of poesy in Spanish:
- [literary]gaya ciencia (feminine) [literary]gay saber (masculine) [literary]Example sentences
- Their miniatures purposefully blur the lines between poesy and prose - short lyric stories that are stylistically reminiscent of the verse-libre.
- This little epigraph is nothing more than a physical reflection of what scooted across so-and-so's mind while sitting and reflecting on a difficult passage or poesy or prose.
- Minnesota's first poet laureate, Margarette Ball Dickson, crowned herself queen bee of poesy in 1934.
- This anti-visual rhetoric of interiority is prevalent in much Romantic writing, from Keats's longing to escape on ‘the viewless wings of poesy,’ to Coleridge and Wordsworth's denunciation of the ‘despotism of the eye.’
- John Keats described poesy as a ‘drainless shower of light‘.
- How can motherhood, being ‘bodily’ occupied by the everyday common chores, be compatible with lyric flights of poesy?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.