Translation of poison in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (person/animal) (with poison)(make ill)1.2 (infect)(blood)(cut)Example sentences1.3 (pollute)
(river/soil)Example sentences1.4 (make poisonous) a poisoned dart
- He tried to poison us like lower animals, like the mice that pester storybook villages, the insects that fly around the heads of those that I read about.
- Towards the end, as he's dying of an undefined illness, we realize he picks up chicks by poisoning their pets but acting so super nice and stuff.
- The snake's venom poisoned the wolf and raven's blood.
un dardo envenenadoExample sentences1.5 (corrupt)
- On the Australian mainland, they killed them by giving them poisoned food and clothing contaminated by diseases they had never before experienced.
- Scary reports are all over the media here in southern California about some nutball who poisoned some baby food.
- In June 2002, following threats that their food would be poisoned, the men were unable to eat for a period of seven days.
(mind/society)to poison somebody's mind against somebodyindisponer a alguien contra alguienExample sentences
- But this is still not all there is in combat, as you can poison your weapons or arrows to do even more damage.
- The Sultan's army was primarily light cavalry armed with crossbows that shot poisoned arrows.
- I was especially wary of them this time, now that I knew their swords were poisoned, and dodged them as they attempted to advance on me.
- And, if your opponent is indeed guilty of abusing those around him: It won't be long before he fatally poisons his campaign with destructive behavior.
- But I simply cannot remain silent and sit here and listen when a party that is trying to attain power at any cost poisons the relationship between the two peoples of this country.
- Their bitterness poisons their attitude and their outlook on life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.