- 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] [Astronomy/Astronomía] polar polar expedition expedición (feminine) al polo polar ice cap casquete (masculine) polarMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) they are polar opposites son polos opuestos
- It warns of adverse consequences such as the melting of glaciers and polar icecaps, leading to rising sea levels.
- And also things like what's happening to the glaciers and the different mountain regions or the polar ice caps or ocean temperatures.
- Glaciers, permafrost and polar ice caps are melting, and droughts, floods and more extreme storms are occurring more frequently in many parts of the world.
- This means that its equatorial radius would be 40 kilometers greater than the polar radius.
- Scientists will also dig into the puzzling asymmetry in the Sun's magnetism that was discovered by Ulysses during the first polar passes.
- Also there are areas at higher elevation on the rim of polar craters that see the Sun more than half of the time.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.