- 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] [Astronomy/Astronomía] polar polar expedition expedición (feminine) al polo polar ice cap casquete (masculine) polarMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) they are polar opposites son polos opuestos
- It warns of adverse consequences such as the melting of glaciers and polar icecaps, leading to rising sea levels.
- And also things like what's happening to the glaciers and the different mountain regions or the polar ice caps or ocean temperatures.
- Glaciers, permafrost and polar ice caps are melting, and droughts, floods and more extreme storms are occurring more frequently in many parts of the world.
- This means that its equatorial radius would be 40 kilometers greater than the polar radius.
- Scientists will also dig into the puzzling asymmetry in the Sun's magnetism that was discovered by Ulysses during the first polar passes.
- Also there are areas at higher elevation on the rim of polar craters that see the Sun more than half of the time.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.