noun plural -cies
- uncountable and countable 1.1 (Politics) economic/foreign policythey adopted a policy of neutralitypolítica económica/exteriorit is government policy to reduce inflationadoptaron una política de neutralidadpolicyla reducción de la inflación es una de las directrices de la política gubernamental
onsomethingtheir policy on educationthis government has no policy on wagessu política en materia de educación or en cuanto a educación(before noun) policy decisioneste gobierno no tiene una política salarial or de salariospolicy statementdecisión (feminine) de política or de estrategiadeclaración (feminine) de políticaExample sentences1.2 (standard practice, plan) (Business) investment policy
her policy is to ignore himpolítica de inversiónit is good/bad policysu táctica es no hacerle ni casoI always ask her first as a matter of policyes/no es recomendablepolicytengo por norma preguntarle primero a ella
- Its real failure was that it adopted the policies that you now propose for the SEP.
- The Commissioners meet once a week to develop and adopt proposals on new policies and legislation.
- As a whole this group has failed to propose an active policy for the working class.
onsomethingcompany policy on advertisingla política de la compañía or la línea que sigue la compañía en materia de publicidad
- also: insurance policy(contract)(document)he took out a new policypóliza (feminine) de segurosse hizo un nuevo seguroExample sentences
- It must also be borne in mind that the insurer was aware of the terms of the dredging contract when the policy was issued.
- If the driver was covered by a policy of insurance there would usually be no need for such an action.
- You can buy policies from your mortgage provider, bank, and an insurance broker.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the