Translation of politics in Spanish:
- 1 (+ singular verb/+ verbo en singular) (science, activity) política (feminine) to go into o enter politics dedicarse* a la política, meterse en política [colloquial/familiar] a career in politics una carrera política to talk politics hablar de políticaExample sentences
- My background was in retail and accounting, but I'd always been active in politics and local government and the public and private sector.
- He took an active interest in politics and was closely associated with the Fine Gael party for which he was a major fund raiser.
- The major parties have taken politics and government away from the public!
- At 23, he is on the verge of completing a degree in history, politics and social studies.
- Era finishes her exams next month and has set her heart on going to Oxford University to study philosophy, politics and economics.
- He also lived in Buenos Aires before heading off to Oxford to study politics, philosophy and economics.
- 2 (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) 2.1 (political relations) política (feminine) national/international politics política nacional/internacional I don't want to get involved in office politics yo no quiero meterme en intrigas or [colloquial/familiar] trapicheos de oficina the politics of medicine la medicina en el contexto político 2.2 (political views) ideas (feminine plural) políticas I don't know what her politics are no sé qué ideas políticas tieneExample sentences
- I regret that those friendships were forged on bonds made not of trust and care, but of politics and beliefs.
- The authors, however, are hostile to anything that smacks of principled working class politics.
- If we do not change our policies and politics, it will be devastating to all of us worldwide.
- Global economics depends on that kind of cooperation; global politics builds on it.
- What about the relation between cosmology and global politics?
- They have no idea how to intervene politically in global politics.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.