Translation of poll in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (ballot) votación (feminine) to take a poll on sth someter algo a votación he criticized the conduct of the poll criticó la forma en que se había llevado a cabo la votaciónExample sentences1.2 (number of votes cast) there has been a particularly low/heavy poll pocos/muchos electores han acudido a las urnas there was a 62% poll la participación electoral fue de un 62% the poll for the candidate was 18,731 (British English/inglés británico) el cómputo de votos para el candidato fue de 18.731 1.3
(opinion poll)encuesta (feminine) (de opinión), sondeo (masculine) (de opinión)
- Weeks of political campaigning comes to an end today as voters across the country go to the polls in the general election.
- Such a defeat would further damage its chances of maintaining power at a national level when Indians go to the polls for general elections due by 2004.
- As Australia prepares to go to the polls for a general election on Saturday, Howard continues to defend his government's tough stance on asylum seekers.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 3 [Agric] [sheep/cattle] descornar*
- 4 [Computing/Informática] interrogar*
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the