- [Zoology/Zoología] [Medicine/Medicina] pólipo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A few, such as Hydra, are solitary polyps that lack a medusoid stage.
- Most hydrozoans alternate between a polyp and a medusa stage - they spend part of their lives as ‘jellyfish’ which are hard to distinguish from scyphozoan jellyfish.
- Instead, many used a scenario approach to conclude that solitary sessile polyps represent the ancestral cnidarian form.
- The laser can also provide relief for symptoms caused by benign airway tumors such as hamartomas, papillomas, polyps, and angiomas.
- What's more, most tumors start out as polyps, or benign growths, in the colon.
- Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...