Translation of population in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (number) what is the population of Thailand?the working/student population¿cuántos habitantes or qué población tiene Tailandia?built for a population of 5,000, the prison now houses 8,740la población activa/estudiantil(before noun) population growthla cárcel, que fue construida para 5.000 reclusos, hoy alberga a 8.740crecimiento (masculine) demográficoExample sentences1.2 (individuals) (+ singular or plural verb) most of the country's population lives o live in abject poverty
per head of population the entire population of the town turned out to welcome themla mayor parte de la población del país vive en la miseria más absoluta(before noun) population center o (British English) centretodo el pueblo salió a darles la bienvenidanúcleo (masculine) or centro (masculine) pobladoExample sentences
- The difference between these numbers expresses the rate of natural growth of the population per 1,000 inhabitants.
- This region inhabited by populations that depend on farming in particular and the agricultural sector in general needs its productive manpower for the promotion of this sector.
- For that matter, the tropical islands' native populations are not all that enamored with seeing an influx of any other races, white or otherwise.
- Microsatellites are an important source of information about the phylogenetic relationships among human populations.
- Similar changes have occurred in the human and animal populations of other Asian countries, creating an incredible mixing vessel for viruses.
- The trails will enable visitors to easily discover Camp Henry's wide variety of natural habitats with their diverse populations of plants and animals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...