Translation of possibility in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (likelihood) posibilidad (feminine) it's not beyond (the bounds of) possibility that it will come back cabe la posibilidad de que vuelva, está dentro de lo posible que vuelva is there any possibility you could lend me the money? ¿hay alguna posibilidad de que me prestes el dinero? that possibility had never occurred to me no se me había ocurrido esa posibilidad 1.2 countable/numerable (sth possible) posibilidad (feminine) that's always a possibility if you can't afford a new one siempre queda esa posibilidad si no se puede comprar uno nuevoExample sentences1.3
(possibilities plural)(potential) posibilidades (feminine plural), potencial (masculine)Example sentences
- There is always a possibility of unfairness and if a mistake is made nothing can be done about it.
- Feeling remorse, there is always the possibility of applying the remedy to purify any wrong we have done.
- There was always the possibility of a change in personal or family fortune.
- In such a case there is no possibility of double jeopardy and no risk of double recovery.
- The radiation emitted is, as you say, miniscule - so small that there is no possibility of harm.
- But there was no possibility of that because racial subjugation was enforced by law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.