- 1.1 (drink)bebida hecha con huevo crudo y vinagre para aliviar la resaca huevo (masculine) a la ostra (Chile)More example sentences1.2 (testicle) criadilla (feminine)
More example sentences
- Finally, there are eggs - another favourite ‘cure’ be it in the form of a fried breakfast, omelettes or a ‘prairie oyster’, a drink containing an egg yolk.
- Sandy from Calgary (visited during the Stampede) has the balls to suggest a quick stop at a certain café for a feed of prairie oysters (bull testicles).
- Calgary can offer steak rounded out with prairie oysters and washed down with a red-eye, but old New Orleans can rustle up a much bigger spread of crawfish, jambalaya and ribs.
- Cross-referenced and linked, with plenty of supplemental and anecdotal information, Ray includes everything from the process of getting prairie oysters (it takes balls) to recipes for traditional Mexican insect dishes.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.