Translation of praise in Spanish:
- 1.1 (credit, applause)he was full of praise for herelogios (masculine plural)alabanzas (feminine plural)I've nothing but praise for himse deshizo en elogios or en alabanzas para con ellashe spoke in praise of her staffno tengo más que elogios para élher dedication is beyond praisehabló elogiando or alabando a sus empleadoshe was loud in his praise opraises of their heroismno hay palabras para elogiar su dedicaciónto give praise where praise is duehizo grandes elogios de su heroísmoto damn something with faint praisethe reviewers damned the novel with faint praiseelogiar a alguien como se mereceto sing the praises of something/somebodyla parquedad de los elogios de los críticos fue una crítica indirecta de la novelaponer algo/a alguien por las nubeshacer elogio de algo/alguienExample sentences1.2 (Religion) songs of praise
let us give praise unto the Lordcánticos (masculine plural) de alabanzapraise be to Godalabemos al Señorpraise be! (as interjection)alabado sea DiosExample sentences
- I guess all those praises and admiration finally got to me.
- The least satisfactory aspect of the book is that which has received the most fulsome praise from certain critics.
- The novel received extremely high praise from critics.
- Together with you and me, and all the ransomed church, they will ascribe constant praise, worship and glory to the King of Kings.
- Though our worship and praise add nothing to God's glory, we know that he takes great delight in it.
- Music is not necessary to win the lost but it is a form of worship and praise to God.
- 1.1 (compliment)we praised them for their effortshacer elogio de1.2 (Religion) praise the Lord! (as interjection)los elogiamos por sus esfuerzosExample sentences
- When we have a good destiny, filled with joy and happiness, wealth and prosperity, we rejoice and praise the deity we worship.
- Since the age of 11, he has been holding programmes where he sings songs praising the Goddess.
- Of course, senility will come soon, and I praise the Goddess it has held off until now.
- People appreciate and praise her, are warmed by her smile and nourished by her soup.
- Widely praised by the critics, Paul has developed a distinctive voice and shows great potential.
- Its dedicated team cannot be praised enough for all that it has achieved and what it continues to strive for.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.