Translation of praise in Spanish:
- 1 (credit, applause)elogios (masculine plural)he was full of praise for her
alabanzas (feminine plural)se deshizo en elogios or en alabanzas para con ellaI've nothing but praise for himno tengo más que elogios para élshe spoke in praise of her staffhabló elogiando or alabando a sus empleadosher dedication is beyond praiseno hay palabras para elogiar su dedicaciónhe was loud in his praise o praises of their heroismhizo grandes elogios de su heroísmoto give praise where praise is dueelogiar a alguien como se mereceto damn something with faint praisethe reviewers damned the novel with faint praisela parquedad de los elogios de los críticos fue una crítica indirecta de la novelato sing the praises of something/somebodyponer algo/a alguien por las nubes
hacer elogio de algo/alguienExample sentences
- I guess all those praises and admiration finally got to me.
- The least satisfactory aspect of the book is that which has received the most fulsome praise from certain critics.
- The novel received extremely high praise from critics.
- 2 (Religion) songs of praisecánticos (masculine plural) de alabanzalet us give praise unto the Lordalabemos al Señorpraise be to Godalabado sea Diospraise be! (as interjection)¡alabado sea Dios!Example sentences
- Together with you and me, and all the ransomed church, they will ascribe constant praise, worship and glory to the King of Kings.
- Though our worship and praise add nothing to God's glory, we know that he takes great delight in it.
- Music is not necessary to win the lost but it is a form of worship and praise to God.
- 1 (compliment)elogiarwe praised them for their efforts
hacer elogio delos elogiamos por sus esfuerzosExample sentences
- People appreciate and praise her, are warmed by her smile and nourished by her soup.
- Widely praised by the critics, Paul has developed a distinctive voice and shows great potential.
- Its dedicated team cannot be praised enough for all that it has achieved and what it continues to strive for.
- 2 (Religion) praise the Lord! (as interjection)¡alabado sea Dios!Example sentences
- When we have a good destiny, filled with joy and happiness, wealth and prosperity, we rejoice and praise the deity we worship.
- Since the age of 11, he has been holding programmes where he sings songs praising the Goddess.
- Of course, senility will come soon, and I praise the Goddess it has held off until now.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.