- 1 u and c (biased opinion) prejuicio (masculine) her lack of prejudice su falta de prejuicios color prejudice prejuicio(s) racial(es) prejudice
againstsb/sth prejuicios (masculine plural) contraalgn/algoMore example sentences
- Some prejudices (preconceived opinions of an individual based on opinions about the many) have names such as racism, sexism, or ageism.
- Preconceived notions are prejudices about what is supposed to happen during the ritual, or the way in which the ritual must be done.
- As a straight woman with my own prejudices and preconceptions, I fall somewhere in between.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (injury, harm) [formal] perjuicio (masculine) without prejudice sin perjuicio de los derechos de los firmantes ( or declarantes etc) without prejudice to your claim sin perjuicio de su derecho to the prejudice of sth/sb en perjuicio or en detrimento de algo/algnMore example sentences
- In that respect, we do not consider that any prejudice in fact resulted.
- In the circumstances, it is necessary to assess whether the delay has caused irremediable prejudice to the defendant.
- The Inspector failed to set out adequate reasons for his decision, as a result of which the Claimant has suffered substantial prejudice.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (influence) predisponer* to prejudice sth/sb
against/in favor ofsth/sb predisponer* algo/a algn en contra de/a favor dealgo/algn
- 2 (harm) [case/claim] perjudicar*
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.