Translation of prejudice in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (biased opinion) prejuicio (masculine) her lack of prejudice su falta de prejuicios color prejudice prejuicio(s) racial(es) prejudice
againstsb/sth prejuicios (masculine plural) contraalgn/algoExample sentences
- Some prejudices (preconceived opinions of an individual based on opinions about the many) have names such as racism, sexism, or ageism.
- Preconceived notions are prejudices about what is supposed to happen during the ritual, or the way in which the ritual must be done.
- As a straight woman with my own prejudices and preconceptions, I fall somewhere in between.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (injury, harm) [formal] perjuicio (masculine) without prejudice sin perjuicio de los derechos de los firmantes ( or declarantes etc) without prejudice to your claim sin perjuicio de su derecho to the prejudice of sth/sb en perjuicio or en detrimento de algo/algnExample sentences
- In that respect, we do not consider that any prejudice in fact resulted.
- In the circumstances, it is necessary to assess whether the delay has caused irremediable prejudice to the defendant.
- The Inspector failed to set out adequate reasons for his decision, as a result of which the Claimant has suffered substantial prejudice.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (influence) predisponer* to prejudice sth/sb
against/in favor ofsth/sb predisponer* algo/a algn en contra de/a favor dealgo/algn
- 2 (harm) [case/claim] perjudicar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the