Translation of premium in Spanish:
- 1.1also: insurance premium1.2 (surcharge) to put a premium on somethingprima (feminine) de seguroVictorian furniture sells at a premium these dayshacer hincapié en algodarle mucha importancia a algoto be at a premiumhoy en día los muebles victorianos están muy cotizados(in short supply)(lit: above par)when time is at a premiumestar por encima de la parcuando el tiempo apremiaExample sentences1.3 (bonus)
- An indemnity bond is a premium charged by the lender and paid by the customer to insure the lender against a default in mortgage repayments by the borrower.
- Employers in the restaurant, bar and tourist trade have been particularly vocal in querying the provisions on tips, weekend premiums and service charges.
- Managers want to pay as small a premium to the market price as possible.
- Much of the increase in the wage premium for education and skills is due to technological change that has increased demand for highly educated workers.
- American workers who use computers command a wage premium of 15% over workers who do not.
- In other words, the wage premium earned by the highly skilled is increasing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.