- 1 (make ready) [room/equipment] preparar our teacher is preparing us for the exam la profesora nos está preparando para el examen I've been preparing myself for the interview me he estado preparando para la entrevista prepare yourself for a shock! ¡prepárate! I prepared myself mentally me preparé mentalmente to prepare the ground o the way for sth preparar el terreno para algoMore example sentences
- The research team is currently preparing manuscripts for consideration.
- Officials are currently preparing advice for consideration by the Government in the very near future.
- As a result of those select committee considerations, reports are prepared that are tabled in the House.
- 2 (make, put together) [speech/meal] preparar; [report] redactar I'm preparing a paper for a conference estoy preparando un trabajo para un congreso prepared with the finest ingredients preparado con los mejores ingredientesMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Without a refrigerator or stove, and perhaps only a hot plate to prepare meals, food choices are expensive and generally not very nutritious.
- The Meath man even showed his cooking skills when he prepared a meal for the judges in the early hours of Monday morning.
- Reading food labels and preparing your own meals with herbs and spices instead of salt can make a big difference.
- I had prepared a few words for my 45-second statement, and one of the guys typed it into their system - I don't know what he made of it.
- On this special occasion, the trimaran's skipper had prepared a few words in German for the local audience.
- "Adolescents are not passive," the study author and sociology professor said in a prepared statement.
- to prepare (
forsth) prepararse ( paraalgo) I have to prepare for the exam tengo que prepararme para el examen
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.