Translation of prepare in Spanish:
- 1 (make ready)(room/equipment)our teacher is preparing us for the exam
prepararla profesora nos está preparando para el examenI've been preparing myself for the interviewme he estado preparando para la entrevistaprepare yourself for a shock!¡prepárate!I prepared myself mentallyme preparé mentalmenteto prepare the ground or the way for somethingpreparar el terreno para algoExample sentences
- The research team is currently preparing manuscripts for consideration.
- Officials are currently preparing advice for consideration by the Government in the very near future.
- As a result of those select committee considerations, reports are prepared that are tabled in the House.
- 2 (make, put together)(speech/meal)
preparar(report)I'm preparing a paper for a conference
redactarestoy preparando un trabajo para un congresoprepared with the finest ingredientspreparado con los mejores ingredientesExample sentences
- Without a refrigerator or stove, and perhaps only a hot plate to prepare meals, food choices are expensive and generally not very nutritious.
- The Meath man even showed his cooking skills when he prepared a meal for the judges in the early hours of Monday morning.
- Reading food labels and preparing your own meals with herbs and spices instead of salt can make a big difference.
- "Adolescents are not passive," the study author and sociology professor said in a prepared statement.
- The country's counter-terror approach needs to be "more layered, networked and resilient to make it smarter, and more adaptive," her prepared text said.
- On this special occasion, the trimaran's skipper had prepared a few words in German for the local audience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.