Translation of prescription in Spanish:
- 1 (for drug) to make out a prescriptionextender una recetato fill o (British English) make up a prescriptionpreparar una recetaavailable on prescription onlyen venta solamente bajo receta(before noun) (glasses)prescription charge (in UK)
graduado(contribución del paciente al costo de las medicinas recetadas)Example sentences
- In brief, the general practitioner writes a prescription which the patient takes to the pharmacist.
- The authors conclude that at least 7 percent of prescriptions written for pediatric patients in the emergency department are not filled.
- Then I go to attend to my patients and write prescriptions and directions for their ailments.
- 2 (recipe) [archaic]Example sentences
- Angus waited outside whilst I went in and bought Gerald's medicine, a continuing prescription routinely picked up once a month.
- But with prescriptions like antibiotics, the medication must be finished for it to be effective.
- At the chemist picking up my prescription, I saw two young guys standing in line.
- Your institution may have recommendations or prescriptions about the form this should take.
- Put that way, those recommendations sound like a prescription for improvement of ecology in general, not just studies of urbanization effects.
- However, the letter demonstrates that recommendations and prescriptions for society often reflect individual biases and belief systems.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.