- [measure/action] preventivo preventive medicine medicina (feminine) preventivaMore example sentences
- There are some important preventive measures that can be done to avoid a recurrent stroke.
- The effect of preventive measures on the incidence of ankle sprains.
- Wider community education is required as a primary preventive measure.
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.
- 1.1 (measure) medida (feminine) preventiva 1.2 [Medicine/Medicina]fármaco que protege contra una enfermedadMore example sentences
- But don't expect that to stop drug companies from hyping their cholesterol lowering products as preventives for breast cancer.
- Silicone greases are probably not effective preventives.
- Eating garlic and plenty of vitamin C are useful anti-viral preventives.