Translation of price in Spanish:
- 1 (Business, Finance) house prices have risenprices start at $99el precio de la vivienda ha aumentadola vivienda ha aumentado de preciowhat price did you pay for it?desde 99 dólaresI got a good price for the car¿qué precio or cuánto pagaste por él?the two brands are the same pricevendí bien el cochetwo for the price of onelas dos marcas valen or cuestan lo mismoat a price of £80dos al or por el precio de unowe couldn't afford it at today's pricespor 80 librasat half price(tal y) como están hoy los precios no podríamos comprarloaccommodation is available, at o for a pricea mitad de precioto go up/down in pricees posible encontrar alojamiento, pero sale or cuesta caroI didn't even have the price of a beersubir/bajar de precioI couldn't put a price on itno tenía ni para una cervezato put a price on somebody's headno sabría decir cuánto valethey still haven't named their price!ponerle precio a la cabeza de alguienI'll take the job, if the price is righttodavía no han dicho cuánto quierenwe pay top prices for used carsaceptaré el trabajo si (me) pagan bienprice cutpagamos los mejores precios por su coche usadoprice earnings ratiorebaja (feminine) en el precioprice freezePER (masculine)(relación precio/beneficio de una acción)price increasecongelación (feminine) de preciosprice limitaumento (masculine) or subida (feminine) de precioit's out of my price rangeprecio (masculine) límite or topea wide price rangecuesta más de lo que puedo pagarprice riseuna amplia gama de preciosprices and incomes policysubida (feminine) or (in River Plate area also) suba (feminine) de preciospolítica (feminine) de ingresos y precios
- 2 (cost, sacrifice) victory was won at a terrible priceat (what) a price!se pagó muy cara la victoriathey want peace at any price¡a qué precio!not at any price!quieren la paz cueste lo que cueste or a toda costawhat price peace?¡de ningún modo!¡por nada del mundo!what price the freedom of the press now?¿va a ser posible lograr la paz?to pay a/the price for somethingen cualquier momento se acaba también la libertad de prensathere will be a high price to pay in the futurepagar caro algothat's a small price to pay for independencelo pagaremos ( or pagarán etc) muy caro en el futurobien vale la pena ese sacrificio para ser independienteExample sentences
- Mr Ellis said that with little prospect of a substantial rise in interest rates, house prices were expected to continue increasing.
- The bank's share price also went up by 3.6 per cent to 1223 pence.
- He said there is a definite price drop in the price of three-bedroom semi-detached houses.
- Curtailing innocent kids' rights to go where they've no business and are universally unwelcome is a small price to pay for some peace.
- France desperately needed to reduce the scale of her military commitments, and the crown was prepared to pay a heavy price to achieve this.
- And it will clarify how you'd even be willing to pay the price of pain to achieve it!
- 3 (value) [literary] it's beyond o without priceone cannot put a price on freedomno tiene precioes invalorableshe sets a high price on loyaltyla libertad no tiene preciovalora mucho la lealtadExample sentences
- The King, after a great many signs and tokens of grace and favour, took from his own neck a jewel of great price, with the picture of Philip, his father, on the one side, and his own on the other.
- Next was led the King's horse for that day, together with his son's; the King's saddle and furniture most richly beset with stones of great price and beauty.
- 1.1 (fix price of) (often passive) their products are reasonably/competitively pricedit was originally priced at over $300sus productos tienen precios razonables/competitivosthey have priced themselves out of the marketsu precio original era de más de 300 dólaresshe warned workers against pricing themselves out of a jobhan subido tanto los precios que se han quedado sin compradores ( or clientes etc)1.2 (mark price on)advirtió a los trabajadores que no arriesgaran sus puestos exigiendo demasiadoall items must be clearly pricedponerle el precio atodos los artículos deben llevar el precio claramente indicadoExample sentences
- The items were priced up with identical labels and packed in identical carrier bags.
- If using labels to price items, write the price clearly and make them easy to find.
- One barrier had been that most customers were paying for time spent online, whereas broadband is priced at a flat rate on a monthly basis.
- One of the houses is the show unit and is priced at €197,500 including all furniture and fittings.
- Ashmore said houses sold as long as they were priced at sensible levels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.