Translation of primary in Spanish:
- 2 2.1 (first, basic) [source/sector] primario; [industry] de base; [energy] primario 2.2 [education/school] primario 2.3 [Electricity/Electricidad] [cell] primarioExample sentences
- As primary bone tumors are rare in toddlers, search for a primary tumor metastatic to bones is needed.
- The risk for developing metastatic lesions from primary cutaneous melanomas increases with tumor thickness.
- Biopsy of the primary growth itself is diagnostic and may show caseating granulomatous inflammation.
- These two pins are the primary winding of the transformer.
- Alternating current flowing in the primary (input) coil creates a continually changing magnetic field in the iron core, this field also passes through the secondary (output) coil and the changing strength of the magnetic field induces an alternating voltage in the secondary coil.
- A current transformer has a pair of input terminals and a primary side which is switchable to different measuring ranges.
noun/nombre (plural -ries)primary - primary election primary school
- 1 (in US) [Politics/Política] primaria (feminine)
- 3primary (school) escuela (feminine) (de enseñanza) primaria (before noun/delante del nombre) primary (school) teacher maestro, (masculine, feminine) (de escuela)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the