Translation of privation in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- [formal] they endured great privationpasaron muchas privacionesExample sentences
- The fight for survival was the topical issue in Italy after World War II and privations, hardships and misery were everywhere.
- Man per man, the average Confederate soldier made more hard marches, suffered more privations, risked his life more frequently, was wounded more times, and died more often than the average Union soldier.
- She spoke of tense meetings as mothers faced a terrible dilemma: keep their children close and have them suffer the privations of the camp, or send them to the other side of the world.
- By arguing in such a way, Mr. Hart draws upon and restates, with verve and ornament, the classical Christian view that all evil is an absence, a privation of good.
- Evil is merely privative, not absolute: it is like cold, which is the privation of heat.
- It points to a privation of being, to the absence of moral, spiritual being, in Panurge.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.