Translation of privilege in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1 (special right) parliamentary/congressional privilege uncountableExample sentences
- The bill, piloted by acting Foreign Affairs Minister Danny Montano, is meant to grant certain privileges and immunities to the ACS.
- A citizen or class of citizens may not be granted privileges or immunities not granted on the same terms to all citizens.
- In earlier times, people from wealthy families enjoyed great privileges not available to working-class and poor people.
- 2 (honor) (no plural) I had the privilege of speaking to her in persontuve el privilegio or el honor de hablar con ella en personait is my privilege to be able to introduce …tengo el honor or el privilegio de presentarles a …Example sentences
- ‘It is a great honour and privilege to receive this award, especially in such a forum,’ he commented.
- He did, however, describe the awards haul as ‘a real privilege, a tremendous honour and a real achievement’.
- It's an immense privilege and honour to lead the council and I'm very proud of what has been achieved in the last three years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.