noun/nombrec and u
- 1.1 (special right) privilegio (masculine) parliamentary/congressional privilege uncountable/no numerable inmunidad (feminine) parlamentariaMore example sentences1.2 (honor) (no plural/sin plural) privilegio (masculine), honor (masculine) I had the privilege of speaking to her in person tuve el privilegio or el honor de hablar con ella en persona it is my privilege to be able to introduce … tengo el honor or el privilegio de presentarles a …
More example sentences
- The bill, piloted by acting Foreign Affairs Minister Danny Montano, is meant to grant certain privileges and immunities to the ACS.
- A citizen or class of citizens may not be granted privileges or immunities not granted on the same terms to all citizens.
- In earlier times, people from wealthy families enjoyed great privileges not available to working-class and poor people.
- ‘It is a great honour and privilege to receive this award, especially in such a forum,’ he commented.
- He did, however, describe the awards haul as ‘a real privilege, a tremendous honour and a real achievement’.
- It's an immense privilege and honour to lead the council and I'm very proud of what has been achieved in the last three years.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.