- 1 1.1 (series of actions, changes) proceso (masculine) the electoral/decision-making process el proceso electoral/de toma de decisiones the aging process el envejecimiento the peace process el proceso de paz the process of obtaining a permit el trámite para obtener un permiso I am in the process of writing to him right now en este preciso momento le estoy escribiendo we are in the process of buying the house estamos con los trámites de la compra de la casa he made money, but lost a lot of friends in the process hizo dinero pero con ello perdió muchos amigos in process (American English/inglés norteamericano) en construcciónMore example sentences1.2 (method) proceso (masculine), procedimiento (masculine) the compounds obtained using this process los compuestos que se obtienen mediante este procedimiento or proceso the material has to undergo various processes hay que someter el material a varios procesos
More example sentences
- Byatt's heroines are victims of a culture whose value-systems are prejudiced against nature and natural processes of ageing.
- Paul knew that Uncle Edward was a biochemist, and a specialist in natural processes, such as photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
- Food also provides the building blocks for the body's natural repair and maintenance processes.
- We the Palestinians believe in peace, the intifada has been an effort to achieve a peace process.
- He breaks every step of the process into a series of questions.
- Gap analysis of all the business processes is the first step in any e-business project.
- 2 2.1 (proceedings) [formal] acción (feminine) judicial 2.2 (writ) demanda (feminine)More example sentences
- The plaintiff must issue his process and must serve it on the defendant.
- In some jurisdictions, the writ has to be served or the process has to be served before the action is brought.
- He successfully dodged Earthlink's process servers for several months until they caught up with him in February 2003.
- 3 [Anatomy/Anatomía] [Botany/Botánica] [Zoology/Zoología] protuberancia (feminine)More example sentences
- Triangular processes occurred in both bones of pairs 58 times from a total of 334 paired scapulae.
- These anomalies are often extra appendages or processes, and are probably most often produced by injury when the exoskeleton is soft.
- These processes of the maxilla sometimes project backward in the median plane, separating the horizontal plates from each other.