Translation of profile in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (side view) in profilede perfilExample sentences1.2 (outline)
- The guy turned slightly and Rika managed to catch his side profile.
- Germany's Bild newspaper accused Mercedes of copying its Munich-based rival and published pictures of the two cars' interiors, tails and side profiles, asking readers to spot the difference.
- It turns heads with its front, side and rear profiles.
- 2 (description)(written)profiles of several young authorsan accurate consumer profilereseñas (feminine plural) sobre varios escritores jóvenespsychological/DNA profileun perfil fiable del consumidor tipoperfil psicológico/del ANDExample sentences
- The Guardian also has a short profile, with some links to other articles…
- The idea is simple: 99 people, products, services or organizations that are remarkable, each with a short profile.
- He wrote a short profile on each member of the panel that was on board the plane that evening.
- 3 (status) See examples: to raise the profile of educational mattersthe army had a high profile in national lifedar más relieve a las cuestiones relativas a la enseñanzato keep a low profileel ejército tenía un papel preponderante or ocupaba un lugar destacado en la vida del paístratar de pasar desapercibido or de no llamar la atención
- (situation)to profile somebody's lifehacer un esbozo dethe designer will be profiled in our next issuehacer una reseña biográfica de alguienel próximo número incluye una nota or reseña sobre el diseñadorExample sentences
- I intend to write an article profiling Chris Raab, co-star of the MTV reality show Jackass and most recently Viva La Bam.
- The article profiled Charles River Laboratories and gave the impression that the company is increasing its efforts at developing and marketing nonanimal tests.
- Years ago I profiled him, prompting a complaint that I had described him as middle-class, since his father was a doctor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.