Translation of promotion in Spanish:
- 1 u and c 1.1 (advancement in rank) ascenso (masculine); (of officer, public employee) ascenso (masculine), promoción (feminine) she got o was given promotion la ascendieron, le dieron un ascenso (before noun/delante del nombre) promotion prospects perspectivas (feminine plural) de ascenso 1.2 [Sport/Deporte] ascenso (masculine), promoción (feminine)Example sentences
- The two youngsters will trade leather in a boxing promotion featuring seven other bouts on the undercard.
- At first, it was dodgy boxing promotions in his native Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Factually, I would like to point out to you that there are more boxing promotions staged at York Hall than there have ever been in the last 30 years.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (of research, peace, trade) promoción (feminine), fomento (masculine) 2.2 (advocacy) promoción (feminine)Example sentences
- As health educators, students went into the community to teach and encourage health promotion and disease prevention.
- Although health promotion is supported by more evidence of effectiveness than is often thought, much remains poorly evaluated and is often highly dependent on context.
- Physical activity plays a pivotal role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- 3 3.1 uncountable/no numerable (publicity) promoción (feminine), publicidad (feminine), propaganda (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) promotion drive campaña (feminine) de promoción 3.2 countable/numerable (campaign) promoción (feminine), campaña (feminine) publicitaria or de promociónExample sentences
- Advertising campaigns and promotions for alcoholic drinks which target young people are also under review.
- Despite the deluge of World Cup promotions and advertising campaigns, Walkers' heavy spending and football tie-ins appear to have cut through the advertising clutter.
- Major corporations want a part of him and are queueing up for him to front their campaigns, promotions and advertisements.
- As Simmons has put it, in a general sense everything that is done to sell a product is sales promotion.
- The telecoms advertising market is crowded and the mobile operator felt it needed to expand in terms of brand awareness and promotion of its productions.
- Solid waste management, infrastructure building and public awareness promotion will be carried out under the $154,000 project.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.