Translation of promotion in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable 1.1 (advancement in rank) she got o was given promotionla ascendieron(before noun) promotion prospects
le dieron un ascensoperspectivas (feminine plural) de ascenso1.2 (Sport)Example sentences
- The two youngsters will trade leather in a boxing promotion featuring seven other bouts on the undercard.
- At first, it was dodgy boxing promotions in his native Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Factually, I would like to point out to you that there are more boxing promotions staged at York Hall than there have ever been in the last 30 years.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (of research, peace, trade) 2.2 (advocacy)Example sentences
- As health educators, students went into the community to teach and encourage health promotion and disease prevention.
- Although health promotion is supported by more evidence of effectiveness than is often thought, much remains poorly evaluated and is often highly dependent on context.
- Physical activity plays a pivotal role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- 3 3.1 uncountable (publicity) (before noun) promotion drivecampaña (feminine) de promoción3.2 countable (campaign)promoción (feminine)
campaña (feminine) publicitaria or de promociónExample sentences
- Advertising campaigns and promotions for alcoholic drinks which target young people are also under review.
- Despite the deluge of World Cup promotions and advertising campaigns, Walkers' heavy spending and football tie-ins appear to have cut through the advertising clutter.
- Major corporations want a part of him and are queueing up for him to front their campaigns, promotions and advertisements.
- As Simmons has put it, in a general sense everything that is done to sell a product is sales promotion.
- The telecoms advertising market is crowded and the mobile operator felt it needed to expand in terms of brand awareness and promotion of its productions.
- Solid waste management, infrastructure building and public awareness promotion will be carried out under the $154,000 project.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.