- 1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable 1.1 (advancement in rank) ascenso (m); (of officer, public employee) ascenso (m), promoción (f) she got o was given promotion la ascendieron, le dieron un ascenso (before noun/delante del nombre) promotion prospects perspectivas (feminine plural) de ascenso 1.2 [Sport/Deporte] ascenso (m), promoción (f)More example sentences
- The two youngsters will trade leather in a boxing promotion featuring seven other bouts on the undercard.
- At first, it was dodgy boxing promotions in his native Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Factually, I would like to point out to you that there are more boxing promotions staged at York Hall than there have ever been in the last 30 years.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (of research, peace, trade) promoción (f), fomento (m) 2.2 (advocacy) promoción (feminine)More example sentences
- As health educators, students went into the community to teach and encourage health promotion and disease prevention.
- Although health promotion is supported by more evidence of effectiveness than is often thought, much remains poorly evaluated and is often highly dependent on context.
- Physical activity plays a pivotal role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- 3 3.1 uncountable/no numerable (publicity) promoción (f), publicidad (f), propaganda (f) (before noun/delante del nombre) promotion drive campaña (feminine) de promoción 3.2 countable/numerable (campaign) promoción (f), campaña (f) publicitaria or de promociónMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Advertising campaigns and promotions for alcoholic drinks which target young people are also under review.
- Despite the deluge of World Cup promotions and advertising campaigns, Walkers' heavy spending and football tie-ins appear to have cut through the advertising clutter.
- Major corporations want a part of him and are queueing up for him to front their campaigns, promotions and advertisements.
- As Simmons has put it, in a general sense everything that is done to sell a product is sales promotion.
- The telecoms advertising market is crowded and the mobile operator felt it needed to expand in terms of brand awareness and promotion of its productions.
- Solid waste management, infrastructure building and public awareness promotion will be carried out under the $154,000 project.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an