noun/nombreu and c
- 1.1 (rocket fuel) propergol (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (in aerosol) propelente (masculine)
More example sentences
- More like rocket engines, jets produce thrust by burning propellant (jet fuel mixed with air) and forcing the rapidly expanding gases rearward.
- The extra propellant provides an additional 50 tonnes of thrust in the first 20 seconds following liftoff.
- Perchlorate is a waterborne contaminant left over from propellants and rocket fuels.
- They have uses as propellants in aerosol spray cans, refrigerant gases, and foaming agents for blown plastics.
- These substances, also known as freons, were once used extensively as coolant fluids in refrigerators and air conditioners, and as propellants in aerosol cans.
- Today, almost all aerosol cans contain alternative propellants, such as liquefied petroleum gas, which do not pose as serious a threat to the environment.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.