nuncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable
- 1.1 (rocket fuel) propergol (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (in aerosol) propelente (masculine)
More example sentences
- More like rocket engines, jets produce thrust by burning propellant (jet fuel mixed with air) and forcing the rapidly expanding gases rearward.
- The extra propellant provides an additional 50 tonnes of thrust in the first 20 seconds following liftoff.
- Perchlorate is a waterborne contaminant left over from propellants and rocket fuels.
- They have uses as propellants in aerosol spray cans, refrigerant gases, and foaming agents for blown plastics.
- These substances, also known as freons, were once used extensively as coolant fluids in refrigerators and air conditioners, and as propellants in aerosol cans.
- Today, almost all aerosol cans contain alternative propellants, such as liquefied petroleum gas, which do not pose as serious a threat to the environment.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.