- 1 1.1 (suggestion) propuesta (feminine), proposición (feminine); (offer) oferta (feminine) her proposition that we should work together su propuesta or proposición de trabajar or de que trabajemos juntos they made me an attractive proposition concerning the house me hicieron una oferta interesante por la casaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (sexual) proposición (feminine) deshonesta [euphemistic/eufemístico], invitación (feminine) a la cama
- There is authority for the proposition that a wrong opinion is both unreasonable and capable of constituting a flagrant impropriety.
- On my view, to believe something is to hold a proposition in your mind assertively.
- Now, you know, in my opinion, it's an absurd proposition.
More example sentences
- If you are coming to it fresh, take in your proposition and the business plan, and take it from there.
- She also approaches businesses with propositions for aid in all forms.
- Investing in a club should not be viewed as a business proposition, merely an emotional investment.
- James watched her leave and thought over the proposition Veronica had offered to him.
- It suddenly occurred to her why Kyle had offered the proposition in the first place.
- Two pages of the book deal with a sexual proposition, including hints at oral sex.
- 2 [Philos] proposición (feminine); (argument) proposición (feminine)More example sentences
- In 1934 Gödel gave a series of lectures at Princeton entitled On undecidable propositions of formal mathematical systems.
- For example, Spinoza's Ethics has the same format as Euclid's Elements, containing propositions and demonstrations.
- Book One discusses his laws of motion then proceeds to a series of propositions, theorems and problems.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.