Translation of pulp in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (of fruit, vegetable)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (crushed material) to beat somebody to a pulp
- Jane suspends the pips in muslin to help the marmalade set, but I just use the juice and fleshy pulp from the inside of a lemon… it does the same trick.
- Getting any sort of fleshy pulp was very difficult, so I squeezed the fruits to get decent amounts of liquid.
- Wet waste connotes anything generated from the kitchen - vegetable and fruit peels, pulp, left-over food matter.
hacer papilla a alguien [colloquial]darle una paliza tremenda a alguienExample sentences1.3 (Dentistry)
- They are used for the first chemical processing step of converting wood chips into pulp for paper manufacturing, primarily in the sulphate or kraft paper process.
- These products may also contain rayon and wood fluff, which is chemically derived from tree pulp and then bleached.
- The most important reasons for this are strong commodity prices, particularly for copper, pulp, paper and wood products.
- The shipyards were doubtless full of men who could dismantle the defences of a huge audience in 30 seconds and then reduce them to one massed pulp of laughter for two-and-a-half hours.
- There were fine scallops too, nicely sautéed, sitting on an earthy pea pulp, anointed with a minty butter sauce.
- Open out the body into a flat piece and scrape away the soft interior pulp.
- Human teeth are made up of four different types of tissue: pulp, dentin, enamel, and cementum.
- A loose or broken filling may also cause infection in the tooth pulp.
- In the middle of every tooth, there is space containing dental pulp.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (worthless literature)literatura (feminine) barata
basura (feminine)(before noun) (fiction/novel)
baratoExample sentences2.2 countable (magazine) (US)
revista (feminine) barata
- Popular pulp fiction and radio sow the seeds of resistance to social injustice.
- It's a fast-paced pulp science fiction yarn with compelling characters.
- It was a fitting end to a game that had more twists and turns than a pulp fiction thriller.
hacer pasta or pulpa con(fruit/vegetables)
hacer papilla or puré conExample sentences
- Faking Cleopatra's suicide would have been as easy as pulping a fig.
- New technologies for pulping fast-growth trees figured prominently.
- Picking bakeapples and pulping them into the most delicious jam on the face of the planet.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.