Translation of punter in Spanish:
- 1 [Sport/Deporte][ jugador que despeja la pelota ]Example sentences
- You run timed drills in a specific task like punting or run stopping where you only get to control the relevant player like the punter or middle linebacker.
- He played quarterback, strong safety, punter and placekicker at North Central High School in Kiln, Missisippi, for his father, Irvin.
- In Bengals history, there have been some effective players named Johnson, including punter Lee and running back Pete.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (in betting) apostador, (masculine, feminine) 2.2 (customer) cliente, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Roux then grandstands and takes off his team blazer and tie and puts it up for auction - apparently at the request of a punter in the audience.
- The spa is open only to residents, so there's no sharing your thermal dunks with pay-and-play punters or ‘club members’.
- Once upon a year not that long ago, a young man sat in a pub telling a wide-eyed audience of punters all about his skiing holiday.
- The Isle of Man now allows US punters to gamble in online casinos based on the island, the NY Times reports.
- The internet is a major gambling hall for punters where they play poker bingo cards whatever; gamblers even get to play lotto online.
- This means that the average punter's investments will do worse than the average performance of the market over any given time frame.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.