Translation of purchase in Spanish:
- 1 [formal] 1.1 uncountable and countable (act)adquisición (feminine) [formal]to make a purchaseefectuar una adquisición or una compra [formal]hacer una comprapurchase ledger(book) libro (masculine) de contabilidad mayor(accounts keeping) contabilidad (feminine) mayorpurchase orderorden (feminine) de comprapurchase priceprecio (masculine) de adquisición [formal]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (thing bought)
- However renovation work would use up all the council's funds and that upset 13 councillors from across the political spectrum who wanted to block the purchase.
- The object of the purchase was that the Block should be converted into residential flats which would then be sold on.
- From vending machine purchases to Morale, Welfare and Recreation tickets, any cash purchase aboard ship will require a Navy Cash Card.
adquisición (feminine) [formal]
- Climbing aboard, they stow their purchases within the truck's cabin, where they will lie protected from wind and possible rain.
- They had a light lunch on board the ship, after stowing their purchases.
- As you enter the home straight, you must be able to stow the purchases away within three minutes of entering and disposing of carrier bags where they will not be found.
- 2 (grip) (no plural) to get purchase or a purchase on somethingagarrarse a or de algoExample sentences
- Such wider knowledge is firmer purchase on the worldly things and neighbors God has given us to honor and conserve.
- It didn't come in his lifetime; a catalyst and a visionary, he seemed to be moving too fast to gain purchase on his value system.
- It took him a few more moments to figure out how to gain purchase on the surface with his feet, but as soon as he had that, he was off!
- [formal]adquirir [formal]to purchase something (
fromsomebody)comprarle algo (we have purchased victory at a very high price aalguien)hemos pagado muy cara la victoriaExample sentences
- Just visit your local outdoor shop and purchase a good set of waterproofs that blend in with the countryside.
- She said offers had been received and they would like to see the property being purchased by locals.
- Do you accept that some interest assigned to that part of the loan which went to purchasing the investment property is deductible?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.