- 1 [formal] 1.1 u and c (act) adquisición (feminine) [formal], compra (feminine) to make a purchase efectuar* una adquisición or una compra [formal], hacer* una compra purchase ledger (book) libro (masculine) de contabilidad mayor (accounts keeping) contabilidad (feminine) mayor purchase order orden (feminine) de compra purchase price precio (masculine) de adquisición [formal] or compra 1.2 countable/numerable (thing bought) adquisición (feminine) [formal], compra (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- However renovation work would use up all the council's funds and that upset 13 councillors from across the political spectrum who wanted to block the purchase.
- The object of the purchase was that the Block should be converted into residential flats which would then be sold on.
- From vending machine purchases to Morale, Welfare and Recreation tickets, any cash purchase aboard ship will require a Navy Cash Card.
- Climbing aboard, they stow their purchases within the truck's cabin, where they will lie protected from wind and possible rain.
- They had a light lunch on board the ship, after stowing their purchases.
- As you enter the home straight, you must be able to stow the purchases away within three minutes of entering and disposing of carrier bags where they will not be found.
- 2 (grip) (no plural/sin plural) to get purchase o a purchase on sth agarrarse a or de algoMore example sentences
- Such wider knowledge is firmer purchase on the worldly things and neighbors God has given us to honor and conserve.
- It didn't come in his lifetime; a catalyst and a visionary, he seemed to be moving too fast to gain purchase on his value system.
- It took him a few more moments to figure out how to gain purchase on the surface with his feet, but as soon as he had that, he was off!
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.