Translation of purify in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 [air] purificar*; [water] depurar, purificar*, potabilizar* 1.2 [soul/body] purificar*, limpiarExample sentences
- Hitler's goals were to purify Germany by removing people with all but the purest Teutonic blood and to expand German territory throughout Europe.
- ‘He came and went so fast we were not able to purify him by waving branches over his head,’ said the angry Yasukuni Shrine monks.
- Related work to purify semiconducting nanotubes and remove graphitic contamination is also being carried out.
- Priests and old scriptures say that water cleaned and purified the damned.
- Gowri bemoans of her action of coming into physical contact with Gange, a lower caste woman, and decides to purify herself by taking bath in holy water.
- The ancient scriptures believed the Yamuna to be sacred enough to purify one's soul.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.